Going Back
So I went back today. Talked to them.
It felt different. I felt out of place. I had thought I would have fit in, but I felt weird. Stuff which I used to talk about, which just comes straight out of my mind, is now a distant memory. They almost seemed to be strangers now. Yea, we chat a little, but I guess the fault still lies with me for being a monosyllabic person.
But the main problem, I guess, was that I've romanticized the past. I thought the feelings would just come right back. But I was wrong. The place's changed too. There's no more glassy-eyed feeling about that place. I think it's been knocked out of my system.
Guess it's really time to move on and think about what I want to do.
On second thought, it almost seemed appropriate that they were removing the memorial for him when I happened to be there.
It's really time to stop licking my wounds and move forth. There's no more turning back now...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home