Ranking (Part II)
No matter what they say, ranking is political. It is never, I repeat: NEVER, merit-based.
What for pretend that it is merit-based? It's just for show. And it sickens me to the stomach.
She was ranked last. In no way did she deserved that! It still brings me to a boil. But I deserved most of the blame too, for not having done my homework before going in, for being unprepared.
It's sick. Why do we have to put our fates in other peoples' hands? Why can't we have some control over it? I did not relish the thought of doing her job description when she was the one who knows best what she does!
But similarly, I am in the same position as her. When it comes to my ranking, others will be deciding my fate. That is why I said I was political fodder. I am and will be the last. That's a for sure. I know it but it still galls me.
Ranking is political.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home